Environmental Health Services
To file an official complaint contact HamStat at: (609) 586-0311 or by clicking here
The staff in the Environmental Health Section of the Division of Health can assist residents in answering questions and complaints pertaining to septic, well, air, water pollution and noise control. Additionally, the following services are provided:
- Inspection of all retail food stores, hospitals, nursing homes, mobile food vendors, food preparation facilities, schools, churches, firehouses, child care centers, senior citizen centers, and vending machines to ensure compliance with N.J.A.C. 8:24 “Sanitation in Retail Food Establishments and Food and Beverage Vending Machines.” If you are planning to operate a Retail Food Establishment in Hamilton Township please contact us at the number below for retail food establishment plan review application, retail food license application, and fee schedule.
- Inspection and monitoring of all public recreational bathing facilities in the community to ensure compliance with the New Jersey Public Recreational Bathing Code (N.J.A.C. 8:26). If you are planning to operate a public recreational bathing facility in Hamilton Township please contact us at the number below for plan review forms, license application, and fee schedule.
- Performs inspections of Youth Camps and Tanning Salons. To apply for a Youth Camp or Tanning Salon License, contact the New Jersey Department of Health at (609) 826-4941 or (609) 826-4943.
Restaurant and Food Establishment Safety Ratings
As part of Hamilton Township's continuing commitment to protect consumer health and safety, the division maintains a database with the food safety inspection results for all township restaurants and establishments that serve/provide food.
- Before using the database, please review important Disclaimer Information and Rating Definitions by Clicking Here
- Once you access the database portal, select "Food Retail Establishment Inspection" in "Business Category"
- Then either select "Search" to view all establishments in the database or enter an establishment name or address to search for a specific establishment.
- Finally, to view these restaurant and food establishment ratings, Click Here
For more information and fee schedules, please contact the Hamilton Township Division of Health at: (609) 890-3828
Environmental Health Services Forms and Documents
Listing files in 'Environmental Health Services'
Lisa Surtees, REHS
2100 Greenwood Ave