The snow plow damaged my mailbox/curb, what do I do?

First determine whether or not the road is a State, County or Township Road.

If it is a County Road, refer the caller to the County 609-530-7510 or email.

If it is a State Road, refer the caller to the State 732-308-4086 (Central Regional Maintenance Department).

If it is a Township Road, take the name, address and number and advise the caller that someone will come out and inspect after the snow has stopped. If they can replace it right then and there with the permanent mailbox, they will. If not, the Township will put up a temporary mailbox until the permanent mailbox can be replaced. The township only replaces standard mailboxes.

If the mailbox is a special decorative box (painted, novelty themed, brick construction, etc.) a request should be submitted for a Notice of Claim. The resident would have to make the repairs or replacement and file for reimbursement.

Show All Answers

1. Are you investigating any alternatives to your current anti-icing/deicing materials?
2. Do you have any tips for dealing with winter snowstorms?
3. How do you track the plowing and salting trucks so you know where they are and how much work has been done?
4. How long does it take to spread salt on the Township roads?
5. How many vehicles do you use for snow plowing?
6. How much snow must fall before you begin snow plowing operations and what roads get plowed first?
7. What can I do to help keep my driveway clear of snow?
8. What if I am a dialysis patient and need to get to the hospital?
9. What if I have a medical emergency and I cannot get out of my street?
10. What is the liquid that dump trucks with large tanks in their truck bodies are spraying on the roadway prior to a storm arriving?
11. What is the Township Winter Storm Response Policy?
12. When do you apply salt to the roadways?
13. Who should I call for snow plowing if the road is a State or County road?
14. How long do I have to clear my sidewalk after a snow storm?
15. The snow plow damaged my mailbox/curb, what do I do?