What can be done if a neighbor's pet is loose and creating a nuisance?

Residents may call Animal Control at 890-3550 and request that an Animal Control Officer investigate their complaint. If violation of state or local ordinances is found, the pet owner may be cited or the animal(s) may be taken into custody. If this occurs, the owner must pay fees and/or penalties when redeeming the animal from the animal shelter. When serious violations are reported such as animal cruelty or potentially dangerous animals, you may need to be willing to testify in court. Additionally, Animal Control Officers may need to ask you to help establish additional evidence (i.e., testimony from neighbors) so they may take enforcement action.

Show All Answers

1. Are there any low cost spay/neuter clinics for cats and dogs?
2. Can you provide me with the name and contact information for Rescue Groups?
3. Does Hamilton Township offer presentations to schools and community organizations on animal issues?
4. How do I report a lost/found animal?
5. If a citizen needs to find a home for a pet, will Animal Control pick it up?
6. Is there a leash law?
7. What animal control issues require that I contact Animal Control immediately?
8. What can be done if a neighbor's pet is loose and creating a nuisance?
9. What is the law regarding animals creating a noise nuisance, such as excessive barking?
10. What happens if I need animal control service after hours Monday through Friday, week-ends or holidays?
11. What should I do if I see an injured, sick or expired animal?
12. Are chickens allowed in Hamilton?
13. Are dogs permitted on the grounds of Sayen and Grafton House?