I am looking for lawyer referral services; who should I contact?

For those seeking legal advice, the following agencies may be contacted:

The Mercer County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services (LRS)

1245 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road
Suite 420
Hamilton, NJ 08619-3894
Phone: 609-585-6200
Fax: 609-585-5537
LRS Website

Open Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 3 pm.

How the LRS works:

  • By telephone, the Lawyer Referral Service is open Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 3 pm
  • You will be interviewed over the telephone to determine the nature of your problem. You will then be referred to an experienced lawyer. There is no fee for obtaining the referral
  • They guarantee confidentiality
  • Depending on the type of case, you will be charged on $25 by the attorney for the first half hour of the consultation. The reduced rate for the initial half-hour consultation includes conference and advice, but not the preparation of any documents. If further legal service is required, fee arrangements are made between you and the lawyer
  • You can also find an attorney on your own, based on recommendations from family, friends and co-workers. To help you in the process, the Mercer County Bar Association has available a free publication in English and Spanish which explains how to hire a lawyer. A copy of the brochure may be requested through the website

Central New Jersey Legal Services, Inc.

Mercer County Division
198 W State Street|
Trenton, NJ 08608-1103
Phone: 609-695-6249
Fax: 609-392-7952
Legal Services of NJ Website

  • This service can help to provide representation in several different legal matters for low-income individuals. The individual must meet certain criteria to qualify for these services

Show All Answers

1. Are there any programs that provide heating/cooling assistance?
2. Are there any records of my property ever having a well?
3. As a home improvement contractor, am I required to be licensed?
4. Do small businesses have to register with the township?
5. Does PSE&G offer any payment assistance programs?
6. Does the township test for lead?
7. How can I submit a service request from my phone?
8. How do I contact the Hamilton Township School District?
9. How do I discontinue delivery of the Trenton Times weekender advertisement?
10. How do I find out if a property is zoned residential or commercial?
11. How do I find the agenda for the Zoning Board or Planning Board meeting?
12. How do I get a bond release?
13. How do I get a taxi/limousine license?
14. How do I get access to current bus, train and light rail schedule information?
15. How do I get blue prints for my house?
16. How do I view the agendas, minutes and proposed ordinances of the Township Council?
17. I am looking for lawyer referral services; who should I contact?
18. Is hunting permitted in the township?
19. Is my contractor registered?
20. Is there any income tax preparation assistance being provided?
21. There are colored markings on my property; what do they mean?
22. What are the demographics of Hamilton Township?
23. What is Neighborhood Watch and when are the community meetings?
24. What is the fee for having the Health Department read well water test results?
25. What is the NJ One-Call (call before you dig) number?
26. What is the PSE&G pole-attached solar project?
27. What is the standard size for a parking space?
28. What permits and licenses are issued by the Municipal Clerk's Office?
29. Where do I find information or report a complaint about NJ Transit?
30. Where do I find out information about Project Freedom in Hamilton?
31. Where do I get a mercantile license?
32. Where do I get an application for a Contractor's Registration?
33. Where is the John O. Wilson Center located and what programs does it offer?
34. Who can apply for a Mercer County ID card and what is the requirements?
35. Who do I call to file a noise complaint?
36. Who do I contact for information about the Historical Society?
37. Who do I contact if a utility line is down?
38. Who do I contact if I lost something in Veteran's Park?
39. Who do I contact in the County for information on the Wellness Discount Program?
40. Who do I contact to file a complaint about a restaurant?
41. Who do I contact to inquire about affordable housing?
42. Who do I report mosquito problems to?
43. Who should I contact for winter energy assistance?
44. Who should I contact with a complaint about my utility services such as natural gas, electricity, water, telecommunications and cable TV?
45. Why am I experiencing discoloration and/or decreased water pressure?
46. Why are garbage disposals not permitted in the Township?
47. Why do I receive mail that shows my city as Trenton instead of Hamilton?