Who should I contact with in-coming water (drinking water) problems?
Hamilton does not own their own water company. There are 2 water companies that service Hamilton Township.
- Trenton Water Works – (609) 989-3208 – www.trentonnj.org
- Aqua New Jersey – (609) 587-8222 – www.aquanewjersey.com
What’s the difference between Sanitary Sewer and Storm Sewer?
- Sanitary Sewer means any wastewater leaving your home such as: toilet water, shower, washing machine, dishwasher, etc…
- Storm Sewer (storm drain) is the grate in the street at the curb for rainwater collection.
What if the Storm Sewer is clogged?
Please call (609) 581-4140 or (609) 581-4141 to report any clogged Storm Drains or fill out an online Citizen Service Request.
Who should I contact to report dumping in a Storm Drain?
NJ Department of Environmental Protection – hotline 1-877-WARNDEP
What shouldn’t I put down the Sanitary Sewer drain or Storm Sewer?
- Old prescriptions – PUT IN TRASH – do not flush or put down drain
Guidelines for Proper Disposal of Household Medication
Paint and chemicals – www.mcia-nj.com/recycling
Grass clippings, leaves and/or brush – Hamilton Township Department of Public Works
Who should I contact with questions about my sewer bill?
- Contact the Hamilton Township Division of Revenue Collection – (609) 890-3890
Who can I contact if I experience a stop-up in sanitary sewer service to my home?
DO NO USE THE CITIZEN SERVICE REQUEST FOR THIS ISSUE.
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (except holidays)
Call (609) 581-4140 or (609) 581-4141 – This is a free same day service to clean the house lateral only. No appointments are made in advance and homeowner must be home.
Call (609) 581-4140 or (609) 581-4141 – A crew will respond to clean Main Line blockage in the street that is impacting the entire neighborhood. You may be advised to call back the next business day OR contact a plumber at your own expense to clear a blockage in your house lateral. Any fees you incur will not be reimbursed by the Township.