Knowledge Base

What if I am a dialysis patient and need to get to the hospital?

Category: Twp Roads/PW
First you should call the Dialysis Center to see if it is open.  You should also speak with them about rescheduling your appointment.  
If the dialysis center is open and you must keep your appointment, you should call 581-4000 for emergency transportation. This number is manned by township police dispatch personnel who will dispatch an ambulance. Please note that you cannot pre-register for these transportation services. They can, and will, only be provided on an as needed basis during individual emergencies. For additional information, regarding emergency transportation services, please call the Hamilton Police Division’s Crime Prevention Unit, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, at 581-4033.
As always, if it is a true medical emergency, dial 911.
Updated 2/28/2012 11:09 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!