I am looking for lawyer referral services; who should I contact?
Category: Request Type Does Not Exist
For those seeking legal advice, the following agencies may be contacted:
The Mercer County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services (LRS)
1245 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road, Suite 420
Hamilton, NJ 08619-3894
Phone: (609) 585-6200 (open Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm)
Fax: (609) 585-5537
Website Address: www.mercerbar.com
How the LRS works:
* By telephone, the Lawyer Referral Service is open Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* You will be interviewed over the telephone to determine the nature of your problem. You will then be referred to an experienced lawyer. There is no fee for obtaining the referral.
* They guarantee confidentiality.
* Depending on the type of case, you will be charged on $25 by the attorney for the first half hour of the consultation. The reduced rate for the initial half-hour consultation includes conference and advice, but not the preparation of any documents. If further legal service is required, fee arrangements are made between you and the lawyer.
* You can also find an attorney on your own, based on recommendations from family, friends and co-workers. To help you in the process, the Mercer County Bar Association has available a free publication in English and Spanish which explains how to hire a lawyer. A copy of the brochure may be requested through the website.
Central New Jersey Legal Services, Inc.
Mercer County Division
198 W. State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608-1103
Phone: (609) 695-6249
Fax: (609) 392-7952
Website Address: www.lsnj.org
*This service can help to provide representation in several different legal matters for low-income individuals. The individual must meet certain criteria to qualify for these services.
Updated 2/16/2012 9:36 AM