Knowledge Base

How do I get rid of refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners?

Category: Freon Pick Up/PW

FREON- Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, Freezers are picked up curbside by Public Works.  ALL DOORS MUST BE REMOVED.

To arrange for a pickup, submit a citizen service request (select "Appliance/Electronic Pick Up; Freon Pick Up") or call HamStat at 609-586-0311 and you will be placed on a list for pickup.  Pick up will occur the week following your request for a pickup. Place the item curbside by 7:30 am on the Monday following your request, and Public Works will pick it up one day during that week.

Items may also be dropped off at the Ecological Facility.

If your refrigerator or freezer is in working condition and greater than 10 cubic feet in size, click here for information on the Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Program through the State where you can receive $50.00 for your refrigerator/freezer.

Updated 8/17/2011 12:07 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!