Knowledge Base

How do I replace a lost, stolen or damaged placard?

Visit your local MVC Agency and bring your original “Disabled Person Identification Card”. If the placard was damaged, bring the damaged placard and your original ID Card. There is no fee for a replacement.

Note: If you have lost the Disabled Person Identification Card and the placard, you must bring proper identification and a notarized statement confirming the loss of these items.

Or you can mail the request to:

Motor Vehicle Commission
Special Plate Unit
P.O. Box 015
Trenton, NJ 08666-0015
Updated 2/8/2012 2:34 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!