Knowledge Base

How do I apply for a handicapped plate and/or placard?

To apply for plates or a placard, complete the Application for Vehicle License Plates and/or Placards [143k pdf] and visit your local MVC agency or mail the application to:

NJMVC Special Plate Unit
PO Box 015
Trenton, NJ 08666-0015

A copy of the vehicle registration must be included with plate applications. There is no additional charge for handicapped plates.

Applicants without a license or non-driver identification card must prove identity by passing 6 Point ID Verification.

Note: Handicapped plates cannot be issued for vehicles owned by or leased to companies, organizations or groups.

Updated 1/7/2019 10:53 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!