Knowledge Base

How do I apply for a temporary parking placard?

To apply for a temporary parking placard:
  • Go to your local Police Station, Traffic Division to get an application. There is a place on the application where your doctor must certify that you need the placard. 
  • Return the completed application to the Police Department with a $4 fee payable to Motor Vehicle Commission.  Payment must be in the form of a check or money order, NO CASH. 
  • Upon payment, the Police Department will issue your temporary placard.
Temporary placards are issued for six months, with one six-month renewal allowed.  To renew, you must bring a note from the doctor verifying that you need an extension, along with the placard, to the Traffic Unit of the police department.

Updated 9/10/2012 2:16 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!