Knowledge Base

How can I have a picnic in the park?

Category: Picnic Permit

Kuser Farm Park and Veteran's Park are available for picnics.  Permits are required for groups larger than 15 people.  

All picnic requests must be in person in the Recreation office.  There will be a request form to fill out and availability will be checked while they are there.  They must bring in the following in order to secure the date requested:
Photo ID; Deposit of $100 (will be refunded "if" all the rules are followed); Plus Park Usage Fee $50 Resident and $100 Non-Resident.
Kuser Farm Park:  Picnics only take place in the "picnic area", which is an area with tables and grills.  There is no fee to use the picnic area.  However if your group is expected to exceed 15 attendees a picnic permit is required.  
A permit gives permission for the picnic area only, which includes a playground area, picnic tables and grills.
The Kuser Gazebo is available for weddings only.
Veteran's Park:  There are two pavilions available for use at Veteran's Park, Playground and Court Games.  The playground pavilion is located off of Klockner Road (North) and the court games pavilion is located off of Kuser Road (South).
Grills are available for use at Veteran's Park; grill reservations are not offered.  Use is on a first come basis; however, preference is given to groups of over 15 people because a picnic permit is required for groups larger than 15 people
Updated 8/12/2015 10:15 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!