Knowledge Base

What can be done if a neighbor's pet is loose and creating a nuisance?

Residents may call Animal Control at 890-3550 and request that an Animal Control Officer investigate your complaint. If violation of state or local ordinances is found, the pet owner may be cited or the animal(s) may be taken into custody. If this occurs, the owner must pay fees and/or penalties when redeeming the animal from the animal shelter. When serious violations are reported such as animal cruelty or potentially dangerous animals, you may need to be willing to testify in court. Additionally, Animal Control Officers may need to ask you to help establish additional evidence (i.e., testimony from neighbors) so they may take enforcement action.
Updated 3/2/2012 2:41 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!