Knowledge Base

I am having a yard sale, do I need a permit?

In accordance with Sec. 114-1 any person who offers for sale any item shall be required to obtain a license from the municipal clerk unless:
(1) The person operates, year round (12 months), an established place of business in the township.
(2) The products produced on the vendor's land are sold from the residential property of the vendor.
(3) The products sold are personal items which have been in the vendor's possession for a minimum of six months, from an established place of residency, yet not beyond the limits of the vendor's property.
Updated 9/30/2010 3:49 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!