Knowledge Base

If a lienholder lost the certificate, how do they get a new certificate?

If the lien holder lost the original certificate, they should send a check for $100 to Hamilton Township with a statement saying that the certificate was lost.  Once the township sends another certificate, the lien holder must sign the back and notarize the certificate and send to the tax office.  When the tax office receives the certificate, the money will be sent.
Updated 5/5/2017 9:37 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!