Who can apply for a Mercer County ID card and what is the requirements?
Mercer residents between the ages of 16 and up may apply for the County I.D. Card.
Complete the County ID application form. Do not sign application until applicant appears in person in the County Clerk’s Office.
- Must be a US citizen, naturalized citizen, or resident alien
- Must be a Mercer County resident for at least 6 months (proof of residence may be required)
- Must produce the following:
- Valid birth certificate (with raised seal) OR naturalization certificate OR valid resident alien card.
- Valid NJ Motor Vehicle License OR a voter registration card OR lease agreement.
- Digital photos provided.
- Fee of $20.00 for either card.
- Mercer residents between the ages of 16 and up may apply for the County I.D. Card.
** Veteran County IDs available at 240 West State St. (Old Capital Plaza Hotel) weekdays 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM only. Must bring military discharge papers (DD214)
For additional information, please call 609-278-7108.
* - IDs are processed as you wait.