Knowledge Base

Is a certificate of occupancy needed if a parent sells their house to their child?

If the child does not currently live in the house they need to go through the whole process and apply for a certificate of occupancy.

If the child does live there, they must get a "smoke & carbon" inspection which is $50 opposed to $200.  The child needs to show proof of residency.

Updated 3/30/2015 3:27 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!