Knowledge Base

Who should I contact for winter energy assistance?

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) in Mercer County allows residents to apply to pay for home heating and medically necessary cooling costs through bill payment assistance , energy crisis assistance and energy-related home repairs.  To be eligible,  applicants must be responsible for home heating or cooling costs, either directly or included in the rent, and have gross income at, or below, 200-percent of the federal poverty level. Residents can register for assistance at the McDade Administration Building, Room 106, 640 South Broad St., Trenton. Information is also available on line HERE
For more information, contact the Mercer County Housing and Community Development Office at 609-989-6858 or 609-989-6959

Last year's clients should receive a re-certification form within the first week of October.  new clients, as well as returning clients, can contact Home Energy Assistance at (609) 989-6858 or 989-6959.

Updated 12/13/2018 11:49 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!