Knowledge Base

What happens if my bank notifies me that my check for payment of property taxes or sewer utility is insufficient.

Category: Payment Status

If your bank notifies you that your check for payment of your property taxes or sewer utility is insufficient, you must replace the funds with certified funds.  In addition, a separate returned check fee of $20 must be paid with certified funds.

However, you can not replace the funds until the bank notifies the tax collector that the funds were insufficient.  Once we are notified we will contact you via written notification.  Upon receiving notification from the tax office, you must replace the funds.

Updated 4/10/2013 2:06 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!