Knowledge Base

Who do I contact if a utility line is down?

 If a line is down, then we should call PSEG first to determine the situation.  The lines coming into the home are NOT considered high voltage with relation to tree trimming standards.  Any electric line rated below 750 volts, (which nearly all homes utilize), is considered lower voltage and PSEG will not address any tree trimming around this wire.  NOTE: Possible exception is made to remove a broken branch or portion of tree dangling on a lower voltage wire, as an emergency service, but NO other trimming service is provided.  A licensed private contractor is expected and is legally permitted to handle any tree trimming work around these lower voltage electric and cable TV lines.
Updated 2/3/2014 4:19 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!